I just got back from my trip to Michigan for work. I was able to see my parents, Grandpa, Aunt Karen, and Stacey. Here are my thoughts that I wrote while I was there.
April 7, 2008
Day two - I actually stayed awake for the first session today. Yesterday was a different story. The first session was at 8:00 in the morning, and I had to be ready at 7:00 so I could register. By the time 8:00 rolled around I was tired still. And, how in the world was I supposed to stay awake for a product overview? I was pretty much out for the two hours. When we went to dinner last night, one of the Sirsi reps mentioned that she was sitting behind us, and she saw that Bonnie and I were bent over and pretty much out for the entire time. It was funny, but embarrassing at the same time. I got caught!
I am not sure just what happened. I spent my time this hour playing spider solitaire, which I won, and now I have no idea what the presenter said. It was supposed to be an hour, but it ended up only being 25 minutes. I guess I can just say that I fell asleep, which isn’t that uncommon. I have one more session to go to, and then I am finished for today. Lunch wasn’t too bad today. We had the Italian potato dumplings things. The salad dressing was gross though. It was a lemon-brie dressing. Pretty much tasted like rotten cheese to me. My mom and dad and my friend Stacey are driving down tonight, and we are going to go out to eat. I am excited about that.
Well, I am on the airplane on my way home. I had a good time seeing my parents and Stacey. Overall the conference was okay. I expected it to be boring at times, and it was, but there were some moments where I felt glad that I was able to come. I have eaten like crap, but what can be expected when you travel. I have missed my green drinks. That is the subject of another post. I wish I had some crazy stories to tell about my travels, but as usual, I got nothing.
2 comments:
Can't beat sleeping on the "companys" time and dime!
I had a wonderful time seeing you, too! My life has felt so mundane and stagnant lately, and it was just what I needed! :]
Hooray for our scenic drive through the ghetto!
Post a Comment