Remember the class I was going to take? Well, It is a slow process for me, but one day I will finish my book. Here is one of my entries for the letter "Z".
Zumba
Have you ever made a decision not knowing how much it would change your life? Well, that is how I feel about Zumba. Back in May 2010 when I finally gave Zumba a shot, I did not realize how much I would love it! Yes, it took about 4 instructors to find the one who would motivate me, but it happened, and I am offically in love. Monday and Thursday are the highlights to each week. Zumba is more to me than just exercise. I tried it to prove to myself that I could actually do something that in my head I had told myself was too hard for me. I don’t have balance, coordination, or rythmn. I am too self-conscious, and I can’t do this in front of others. What if they see me and make fun of me? All these thoughts went through my head at one time, but I went inspite of my thoughts. And what did I find? Sure my balance, coordination, and rythmn aren’t the greatest, but with time they have all improved. We are all there with the same purpose, to have fun and feel good, so if I look stupid sometimes it is okay. If I leave class feeling good and wanting to come back then that is all that matters. Zumba has helped me break down some walls that I put up a long time ago. It is my own prozac.
1 comment:
Love the entry, Ann, and also what Zumba has done for you!!
Post a Comment