Monday, April 16, 2007

Just don't say anything

I got my hair done on Saturday. I colored it again, trimmed it up, and made my bangs a bit shorter. I really like it. What do you think about this comment?

Person: Oh,you get your hair done.
Annie: yes.
Person: (just staring, not saying anything...like "Oh, it looks nice." Gives me a look like "I am not sure what to say.")
Person: (As walking away from me...)Do you like it?"
Annie: "Actually I love it. It is the first haircut in a long time that I really like."
Person: "That is good."

I interpret this as, "Oh, I noticed that you got your hair done, so I will say something, but I don't really like it, so I don't want to tell you that it looks nice, oh crap, I am just staring, I need to say something, I'll ask you if you like it and then it will seem less awkward." Any other thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love your hair! that person is an idiot. it did seem that way. but maybe they wanted to say more but felt dumb? like strike up a conversation and is too scared to carry on the conversation? i think your hair looks really good. i have been meaning to tell you. for real. :)