I really like white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies, especially the ones you can get in the store. I tried to make some the other week, but I didn't have any butter. So, I put shortening in them instead. Bad idea!! They were hard as a rock, not a success story.
Then I decided to try again. This time, I was in Wal Mart and couldn't find Macadamia nuts, so my alternative, sliced almonds.
I thought they might turn out decent, but I used margerine, and I had to put extra flour in them because the dough was really sticky. 1 1/2 cups more flour later I started baking. Not a success either. They tasted more like flour than cookies.
So, yesterday, I decided to try one more time. I used a recipe that I knew turned out good with all of my substitutions. These were a success!!! They were actually good.
I hate it when I make something and it doesn't taste good. I pride myself in my baking. That is how I get my attention. So, I had to prove to me, and those who ate my nasty cookies, that Annie Howard can make good white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies.
4 comments:
yum, yum for the tum, tum. i want some of annie's cooking.
Since I live too far away to taste some of those great cookies, I'd like the recipe.
Hey! We had a new couple move into our ward. He's from Oxford. His name is Anthony Chilie (sp?) I was wondering if any of you Howards might have known him. He's 27 and he said he joined the church when he was 18 and then went on a mission, so he really did'nt do the youth thing, but I think he was involved in the singles. He said he dated a LDS girl that introduced him to the church. Anyways, just thought you might have heard of him.-Oh he said that he knew Seth Southwick! Small world!
Sorry, I don't!!I was proably gone by then if he knew seth
Post a Comment