Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Loyal?

I went to a Court of Honor on Sunday. For being two hours long, it wasn't that bad. I am actually glad I went. They had 3 different speakers get up and talk for a few minutes on principles. There were three boys getting their Eagle. A brother of one of the boys got up and started to say a few words about his little brother getting his Eagle.

He told a story about how Logan, the new Eagle, would be sent out to the chicken coops and while he was headed back to the house, his two brothers would start shooting at him with BB guns. This would be in the dark, and sometimes Logan would get hit.

His older brother proceeded to explain that this is an example of loyalty because he never told on his two brothers. Loyalty, really? I thought this was a very strange example, but I guess everyone has their own definitions for words.

2 comments:

Lady Bills said...

i once hit my sister that's in a wheelchair with her very own car and she didn't tell my mom-- that's IS a definition of loyalty.

Annie said...

That is totally true. I remember reading that story about Whitney on your blog. Maybe it was the context that he told story or something...