Friday, March 16, 2007

What is that noise?

This morning I turned on my car and headed toward work--late again. I started to hear a noise coming from my car. I turned down the radio and listened to see if I could figure out where the noise was coming from. When I applied the my brakes, the noise stopped. I thought, maybe my brakes really need changing quicker than I thought. I decided I would wait and listen to hear if I the noise would return. It didn't. I got really frustrated in the process. I talked to myself out loud!! I was like, "See that is what happens when you take your car in for repairs. You get it back and other things are wrong." Now I was going to have to go back in and get my car checked out. Tell them that it makes a noise when I first start my car.

Then I started to hear a beeping sound. I just got a new phone, and I put my text messaging to remind me every 2 minutes and my voicemail every 15 minutes, or so I thought. I was like who is texting me this early in the morning. I sincerely thought it was my friend Marci. It beeped like three times. I finally got to a stop light where I could grab my phone. Come to find out it was a voicemail. Someone had called me at around 7:30 am! Who the heck? I started to listen to my message as I turned onto 800 North in Orem. It was my landlord Kay. I had called her last night to borrow some flour, but she never called me back. Anyway, as I was listening to her message, she mentioned the time that she called. 7:30. I hung up the phone, and thought a moment.

That wasn't my car making noises, it was my phone ringing!!! Since I have a new ring tone, I am not used to it yet! I had to laugh. i got all worked up about nothing.

Side note, I looked in my book this morning and the author mentions "backed-up fecal sludge." Makes the image even better!

No comments: