Saturday, February 3, 2007

The blues or is it laziness?

Why do I procrastinate? I have been taking classes for the past few years now. I only take one per semester, because if I did two, I would kill myself. I always find myself in this situation. I work all day, and so at 5:00 pm I want to go home and chill. But, the homework and projects are always hanging over my head. I have this project that is due this week. I thought it was due the week of the 15th, but to my great surprise, my teacher announced on Thursday that it is due this Thursday. I haven't started yet!!! I told myself that I was going to wake up and go to the computer lab at 10:00 this morning (Saturday) and work on it all day. What did I do instead? I stayed in my pajamas, slept, and watched a movie until 4:00 pm. The lab closes at 6:00. I still needed to take a shower. Too late today. By the way, I watched "The Other Sister", and I still find it so funny! I love that movie. I had no desire to get up and do something today. Do I have a touch of the excessive laziness? Or do I have a touch of the blues? Either way, my project is still due on Thursday, and I still haven't started it!

2 comments:

Lady Bills said...

darling- whether it's the blues or laziness... just know that you are loved, all the way across the country! personally, i just think it's your bodies way of telling you that you need to come and play with me!!!

mee said...

Hi friend. I totally can relate to this idea of procrastination. I too am a procrastinator. Supposed to use this whole weekend for the GRE but some how I found other ways to keep myself busy. Mostly, just worried about the GRE instead of doing something about it. In other words, I hear you sister. I hear you loud and clear. loves!