My friend Joel served his mission in Detroit between 1998-2000. In 1999 my stake, another stake in the mission, and the missionaries, put on a musical production of "From Cumorah's Hill." My sister Stephanie was part of the production. Last Saturday was my friend's husband's birthday. Joel is a fellow friend of this crowd. We were talking during dinner, and the subject of "From Cumorah's Hill" came up. I told him that my sister was in it, and he told me that he had a VHS copy of it and we should watch it sometime. I wanted to see it because I wanted to see if I could spot out Steph. Sunday morning I texted Joel and asked him to bring the tape to church so I could borrow it. I watched it Sunday night and rewound the tape after it was over.
Tuesday morning I was rushing around as usual getting ready for work. At the last minute, I was like, "I need to time record American Idol." So, I put my recording tape in and set the VCR up, and headed out the door. When I got home that night, I started to rewind my tape. When it got closer to the end of 2 hours, the tape started to slow up, like it was near the beginning of the tape. I was like, "I don't record at the beginning of this tape." As soon as I said that my eyes moved down to see MY recording tape. HOW DID IT RECORD? OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE? JOEL'S TAPE IS IN MY VCR! I pressed eject and there was Joel's tape. I was in shock. I had to think twice. Had I had rewound the tape? I finally realized that I did indeed tape over the irreplaceable recording.
I called Stephanie cuz I was freaking out. Her friend Amy was in the production too, so I thought maybe she might have a copy. Steph gave me her number, but I had to wait until Wednesday to call. It was too late to call her now. I called my mom Wednesday morning to get numbers of two other people I thought might have a copy. I wasn't going to call Joel until I contacted all my resources.
I called Amy.
"Hello."
"Hi, is this Amy?"
"Yes."
"This is Annie Howard."
"Oh, Hi."
"I have a weird question to ask you."
"Do you want a weird answer?"
"I would like a good answer."
I proceeded to tell her of the situation. Come to find out, SHE HAD A COPY!!!!!! Her husband served his mission there at that time, so Amy thinks their copy is actually her husband's. I gave her my address, and she said she would call me when it was in the mail! Oh, crap... I almost did crap my pants!!! I am saved.
I call Joel. Yes, I got his voice mail. I left him a message. I didn't hear from him, I panicked and think that yes, he does hate me. Later in the day I got a text from him that says, "It's all good these things happen. Did you get to see it? Happy valentines day!" How sweet is that! He doesn't hate me, he was concerned about if I got to see it, and he will get another copy!
Happy Valentine's day to me!!!!! Peace-out
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure that's only something that would happen to you! Glad it all worked out:)p
as i was reading this i was freaking out!!! i was like "she'll never replace it!!" oh i am so happy you found a copy. oh that is so horrible! and how sweet of him to understand. and how lucky you are to have found a copy. :) did you ever see steph on the tape?
Post a Comment